Department: Supervision and Assessments
Case Worker provides and maintains a safe, secure and enriching environment for children, youth and parents that are in alternate care situations by providing Therapeutic Family Time or Supervised Visitation services. This position calls for a flexible schedule. The number of hours worked per week is determined by the number of assignments they accept from the Supervised Visitation Coordinator.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; MSW/Master’s preferred
- Must have access to an automobile, possess a valid Connecticut State motor vehicle license and current motor vehicle insurance; to pick up and drop off children for sessions
- Must have (prior to beginning work) or obtain within 1 month a valid American Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR/First Aid certification
- Possess a clean Child Protective Services and Criminal background checks
- Keeps open communication with Happy Family Management;
- Multi-Lingual is a plus, but not required
- Supervise visits of non-custodial parents and their child(ren). This includes monitoring, and if necessary intervening with parents or child who demonstrated inappropriate physical or verbal behaviors
- Utilize the Visit Coaching Model, to provide guidance and direction during Therapeutic Family Time
- Transport clients/families to/from appointments with own vehicle
- Report any problems or concerns regarding specific client, social worker or visit request, immediately to the Supervised Visit Coordinator
- Perform supervised visit request, as authorized, any and all variations must be pre-approved by Program Manager or Executive Director
- Be on time in keeping appointments and adhering to agreed upon schedules
- Abide by Happy Family Clinical Services Rules of Confidentiality
- Submit documented progress notes within 3 days of completing the session, so that reimbursement can be made and the referral workers kept up to date
- Submit all progress and monthly notes on time as described in the HFCS Employee handbook
- Attend relevant periodic training to be kept informed of current research and best practices in the field
- Keep all credentialing documents up to date with HR Dept.
Please Send Resumes to:
Happy Family Clinical Services LLC
530 State Street
New Haven, CT 06511
Email Resumes to: Resumes@HappyFamilyCS.com
Happy Family Clinical Services LLC is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with Happy Family Clinical Services LLC is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of driving records, employment, education, criminal and child protective services background search.
Applicants whose experience and training are most closely suited to the needs of the Agency may be selected for interviews.
Happy Family Clinical Services LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.